Belzona SuperWrap II offers a new generation repair solution for restoring the strength of corroded, weakened and holed pipe and tank walls. It is comprised of a fluid-grade resin system, a bespoke hybrid reinforcement sheet, based on fibre glass and carbon fibre, as well as release film to consolidate and finish off the application.
The system is available in three different resin grades, Belzona 1981, Belzona 1982 and Belzona 1983, making it suitable for applications in various climates and service temperatures ranging up to 150°C/302°F.
The Belzona SuperWrap II repair system was engineered for pipe wrap and patch repairs, as an alternative to replacing defective metallic substrates, whilst providing superior strength, corrosion and chemical resistance. The system allows quick and easy repair of equipment within various industries, including Oil and Gas, Power Generation and Marine.
- Can be designed and applied in accordance with ISO24817 and ASME PCC-2 standards and applied by trained and validated personnel
- Quick and easy to apply even under online conditions, ensuring rapid back to service time
- Belzona paste-grade materials are available for restoration of pitted surfaces prior to application of the compliant wrap system
- Can be used in service temperatures up to 150°C (302°F)
- Superior strength (high Young’s modulus)
- Outstanding corrosion and chemical resistance
- Thermal expansion coefficient similar to that of steel, reducing build-up of strain due to thermal cycling
- Long working life of Belzona 1982 resin allows application in large volumes at high ambient temperatures
- Belzona 1981 can be applied at temperatures down to 5°C/41°F
- Excellent bonding to carbon steel
- Reduced health and safety risks as it is solvent-free
- Validated training available for Belzona SuperWrap II Designers, Supervisors and Installers, providing specific theoretical knowledge and practical skills
Applications for Belzona SuperWrap II include:
- Composite pipe wrap system for the repair of complex geometries of pipes including bends, straights and tees
- Compliant patch repair to large diameter pipes (over 600mm) and tank walls
- Repair of through-wall and thin-wall defects on pipes and tank walls
* All products are subject to regional restrictions. Check with your local Distributor for more information